Workplace Injuries FAQs

Q. Do I need an attorney if I’m injured at work?

A. The Ohio’s Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) is designed to help protect your rights if you are injured at work. However, if your claim is contested and if you need to appear in front of the Industrial Commission for a hearing, you may want to hire a lawyer to make sure your interests are protected. Contact the Law Offices of Kevin Kurgis. There is no charge for your initial meeting in our office.

Q. Can I appeal a decision made by the Industrial Commission?

A. There are very complicated steps to ensure that your claim is handled properly through the Administrative procedure and it may be prudent to have legal assistance from the onset. Contact The Law Offices of Kevin Kurgis to see how we can help.

Q. How long do I have to file a workers’ compensation claim?

A. The statute of limitations applicable to workers’ compensation claims in Ohio is based on the situation. To ensure the best results for your claim and your case, you should report your injury and file your claim as soon as possible.